Bridging the Gaps focuses on 3 key populations and on the crossovers between them in a single programme.
Currently, we are in the second phase of the programme, which will run until 2020. The first phase ran from 2011 till 2015. However, as long as policies are not rights-bases and key populations are criminalized – our work needs to continue.
Our intervention strategies
For the continuation of the programme we have identified four interrelated strategic areas:
- Facilitate community development
- Advocate for continuously strengthening services and upholding human rights
- Deliver inclusive, rights based and gender sensitive services
- Foster global and in-country processes and partnerships that reinforce results
Key populations have a higher risk of HIV infection in every region of the world. We identified regions and countries where we have an added value, based on our track record, epidemiological data and strategic considerations. Based on these considerations we want to work in the following sixteen countries:
Asia and the pacific
- Pakistan (as an innovation country)
Eastern Europe and Central Asia
- South Africa
Below a glimpse of our work of the first phase of the programme.